Friday, December 3, 2010

Shameful behavior in senate.

I am deeply dissapointed in the senate, as I expected the change in senate majority is proving to be more individually motivated. The latest revelation is the senate majority (REP) have refused to do any work until their demands are met in other words their holding the senate hostage in order to get what they want. Mainly extention of bush tax cuts which benefits those that make $250,000 plus a year. Now looking at the state of our economy theirs a very small percentage of people that earn $250,000. The audacity of the republicans who are paid by our tax dollars is daunting and is a insight of what's to come. I certaintly don't blame the democrats for this but I do believe they need to become more aggresive and fight for the little people which is the majority of united states citizens. Also in holding senate hostage the senate majority have not acted on the expiration of unemployment benefits for more than 2 million people accross america. If thats not a slap in the face I dont know what is. We are heading for some dark times I hope and pray that we as a people in whole prepare ourselves mentally and finacially in any way we can.

1 comment:

Ross said...

Shameful indeed. I pray for the 2 million people across America--a few who are in my own family, who will be affected by the expiration of unemployment benefits. Many of the Republicans fail to realize is that cutting off unemployment from a vast number of people could hamper the economic comeback. Many of the people who receive unemployment use it to pay rent, utilities, buy gas, groceries and other goods right in their own communities which helps to boost the economy. I think a lot of the people in Congress have exhausted their time and should let go of their egos-- bow out gracefully to let new leadership in with innovative ideas and practical answers that will support our President and move our country in the right direction.