Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Disaster relief
Ok I have recently gotten home after being stranded in my N.Y.C. transit bus for 48 hrs. I was snowed in and couldnt move my bus so me and 9 other bus operators were stuck since sunday December 26th until tuesday December 28th. I believe (and this is my personal view) that with all the budget cuts and layoffs and the hiring freezes the city was left short handed. Their are some neighborhoods that havent seen a snow plow yet. I wanna know if the mayor should be held responsible for the fiasco. The disaster relief preperations have been less than acceptable, atleast for most of the boroughs i've been in so far. whats your oponion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I agree, a drastic difference can be seen between the streets of brooklyn and the streets of Manhattan. I think that can be attributed to the differences in demographics within these two neighborhoods.
The mayor is out of order all the cuts have us in. Mess somthing should of been down so as it started to snow. No way you shoud of been there that long so better pay you real good and you need to be off for the rest of the week
It was just brought to my attention that their were 400 sanitation workers laid off recently. I think they would have made a significant differnce in this clean up effort. and our mayor says stop complaining.
The Mayor and MTA, needs to take accountability for how much they fucked up on this one! They failed to prepare and the planning was off! They should spend more time and money (tax payers money) on getting shit right the first time. The freaking roads haven't been plowed yet...why are people still trying to get there cars out the damn snow? Why are the buses not running? Why the hell were you stuck on a bus for 48 hrs??? These are answers that those fuckers should provide!!!!
i agree and like i said it is poor planning and mis-management. If this governer thinks he can fix problems by cutting emergency services then he's mistaken. Those 400 sanitation workers laid off recently would have made a huge difference.....
Post a Comment